Candilicious! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

A day in the life of an unemployed young lady 

Today, I woke up extra early. Actually, make that really early. The HR lady called me up at around 7:30pm lastnight, just when I was about to join my blockmates at Fort, to remind me that I had a writing test today at 10am. Hassle. So anyway, I skipped our block love/dinner/photo session to sleep early and prepare for my test. I was in bed by around 12:45am, mind you. Guess what time I was able to sleep though... freaking 4:10am! Anyhow, I still managed to get up at around 7:30am. Yehes. So at around 10:20am, I was made to sit infront of a computer with a newspaper on my right and a photocopy of some Japanese sent facsimile to my left. The test was all-essay. The first few questions were about journalism and their company. The third part of the test was sort of a comprehension test. They asked me to pick three top stories of my choice and explain them. Well, there was also the Paraphrase test which was in both English and Tagalog. Can I just say that I completely forgot what the term DEVELOPMENT is in Tagalog?! Goodness. I wanted to ask the girl next to me - who was reciting what she was typing out loud in deep Tagalog - but she seemed extremely busy. Augh. Of course, there was also the Current Events test, which required my opinion on the Maynilad/fare-hike/terrorist-capture/Noli de Castro/et cetera/et cetera issue. Sigh. I was in front of that computer for almost three hours, would you believe? The other people who took the test really dressed up for it; some were in barongs and others were in corporate attire. Me? I was just in my Ateneo-presentation get up: black 3/4 and slacks. It was just a writing test, anyway. I was infront of the computer, an MS-DOS pc that does not have a mouse, most of the time.
To be honest, I'm not really sure if that company will hire me because I think I'm too young for the position. Each of those I took the test with has a professional background already so my chance is really slim. I won't feel bad, though, if I don't get it because I know deep down that there are A BUNCH of other people (as I have seen earlier) who are more deserving. :)

Incidentally, I do have another meeting tomorrow afternoon with Mr. Joe d Mango.

On a lighter note, I drove from Visayas Avenue to my house today. Yep, during the day from 1:30 until 2:10pm! It was ok, I didn't get a scratch or anything but it was not pleasant. Heck. Those biggies (buses, trucks, tall macho 4X4s) that sandwich or cut small cars are uberirritating. Hmp. I hate it when I take a lane and some car would fumingly blow his horn on me because I'm blocking half of his lane. There are lanes there so each vehicle could take one, you know... it's what you call "order." Likewise, I loathe those freakin poser vehicles who'll pretend to stay at the rightmost lane for a few seconds then suddenly swerve all the way to the farmost left to make a U-turn. Creeps. I swear.

premiere

Watching Passion of the Christ at 7 wit friends. Gotta jet now!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com