Candilicious! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

art for art's sake 

Yesterday, I went with my parents to Enrico V’s birthday/thanksgiving party. The only people I recognized were those from the Ateneo community and this friend of mine who is now Rico’s Red Bull teammate. We didn’t really stay long in the party because my dad was needed in Aliw Theatre for the Metro Manila Film Fest Awards Night. Man, I wasn’t even able to finish my sumptuous Mongolian meal because we really had to leave as my dad was tasked to present the trophy and the cash prize to the Best Picture winner. Hay. I’m not pa naman into that stuff. I don't know much about Philippine tv anymore. Speaking of local tv, my mom got inis at me recently for refusing to appear in this local singing group’s music video. Kasi naman I’m sooo not tv material. I honestly believe that a lot of other girls deserve to be in that video. :D

Moving on, I chatted with Kim for 4 hours this morning. I super duper love you, Kimmy. You undoubtedly know the real me. Oh and we’re in the same boat now. We’re no longer owned. We’re free, free, free. No more loser days. Hah.

Kimmy: “Look who’s hurting now.”
Hush.

I slept at 5am and woke up at 2:30pm.

I must’ve spent the entire Tuesday afternoon with my co-rocker chick, Mo, who also gave me this novel I’m dying to read. She says I might be able to relate to the protagonist. Woot. Since the two of us had nothing else to do on a rainy Tuesday, we decided to watch - get this - TWO movies in a row in gb3. We used up 4 of my gb3 movie passes and gave one away. The first flick we watched was Shrek 2. That movie is so cute and funny. I just felt lost at certain parts because I didn’t get to see the first Shrek. How sad! I couldn’t even go with those people who were inviting me to watch Shrek 2 last month because I regrettably failed to see the first installment. Same with Harry Potter, would you believe I haven’t even seen one Harry Potter film? Oh and worst, I’ve never read a single Harry Potter novel. Hah and to think I majored in English Literature. =/ The second film we viewed was Girl with a Pearl Earring. I really liked that movie. I hate to admit it but Colin Firth has this mystery in him that makes me want to mix paint with him. Harhar. And Scarlett Johansson’s skin is so immaculate. Wow.

Beauty inspires obsession.

After the last movie, we ate for awhile, bumped into a few friends at gb2 and took off.

I think I should watch more movies to keep myself occupied.

Okay, gotta hit the sack now.
Au revoir!

To my co-Rockers


Thank you for your wonderful birthday surprise. I sincerely and highly appreciate everything, most especially the effort you guys exerted. In all honesty, at exactly 8:30pm last Friday (my birthday), I thought I was gonna end up like Carrie in her Sex and the City birthday episode. Alone in the restaurant with the birthday cake she bought and totally guest-less. Goodness. Imagine me alone in Uva with my bottles of Tequila Rose and Bailey’s, pitifully wishing myself a happy birthday. Phew.

Thank you Muff, Mo, Miam, Roni and Roi for the cake, balloons and the gigantic card. You really made me feel special.

Rock on!

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com