Candilicious! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

 


Could You be healer
to a heart that's been wounded
in a battle that's never seen?

Could You be teacher
to a mind of confusion,
tell me what does this all mean?

Are You deliverer
of an imprisoned feeling in chains,
can You set my spirit free?

And just one more question.
Allow me this question,
could You be Messiah to me,
could You be Messiah to me?

Could You be father
to a soul that's been abandoned
by a world too busy to hear?

Could You be friend
to a helpless survivor,
can You take away my fears?

I heard them all sharing
this newfound conviction in them,
are You all that they make You to be?

Now I've been looking for someone like You
and I’m so tired.
I’m tired.


I've read every book
and I’ve sang every song.

My mind may be right
but my heart feels so wrong.

Tell me how much further can my life go along
which way do the roads lead,
where do I belong?

Are You forgiver
of my most unknown secrets,
provider of all that I need?

Could You be brother
the one who knows better
would You now stand in the lead?

When all this is over
all the thunder and lightning,
in the daylight just what will I see?

The answers to my questions
to all of my questions.

Could You be Messiah to me,
Could You be Messiah?

Please be Messiah to me.


- Gary Valenciano, “Could You Be Messiah”

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com